This past Christmas I was trying to figure out what I could give to people that would maybe be a little healthier than the traditional candy and cookies. I decided to make this wonderful granola recipe that my sister in law, Kristin gave to me. It turned out to be a great, easy, and and useful gift for people.
What you need:
string or ribbon
homemade granola recipe (see below)
8c rolled oats
1 1/2c wheat germ
1 1/2c oat bran
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/2c brown sugar
1/4c maple syrup
1/2c veg. Oil
2c raisins or craisins or choc chips
( mix those in after baking)
1. Preheat oven to 300. Line baking sheets with parchment or aluminum foil.
2. Combine salt, brown sugar, syrup, honey, oil, applesauce, cinnamon,
& vanilla in a saucepan. Bring to boil over medium heat.
3. In a LARGE bowl, combine remaining dry ingredients. (except
raisins, or choc chips)
4. Pour liquid over dry mixture to coat. Spread the mixture evenly on
5. Bake until crispy and toasted about 20 minutes. Stirring halfway
through. Cool, then stir in raisins, craisins or choc chips. Store in